The Dillman Driving School Driven Scholarhip is intended to assist and encourage perseverant high school seniors in the Florida counties of St. Johns, Clay, or Duval to pursue a degree at a U.S. post-secondary institution. The Driven Scholarship awards $500 scholarships to (2) qualified high school seniors anually. Funds will be distributed to the recipients' colleges or universities in August of the enrollment year. The funds will be allocated toward the payment of tuition and academic fees, and the purchase of required educational materials and books.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for a scholarship:
- Must reside in the Florida counties of St. Johns, Clay, or Duval.
- Must be a graduating high school senior in the spring of 2019.
- Must be a student planning to pursue full-time studies leading to a bachelor's degree at an accredited college or university in the U.S.
- Must have a cumulative high school grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent.
- The Application is NOW OPEN
- Applications must be submitted no later than April 15, 2019
- Scholarhip recipients will be notified by mid-June and the funds will be paid out at the beginning of the 2019-2020 academic year, August 15, or whichever comes first.
The Dillman Driving School Driven Scholarship will be awarded to the most promising applicants whose essays best show a genuine drive to overcome adversity and a passion for attaining their goals. The committee will also consider grade point average, community service, and ability to follow directions.
This local scholarship awards (2) $500 scholarships to high school seniors in the Florida counties of St. Johns, Clay, or Duval. Funds will be distributed to the scholarship recipients' colleges or universities in August of the enrollment year. Scholarship are non-renewable. Once admitted to a college or university, the recipient must submit proof of their admittance to the Dillman Driving School Office to receive their scholarship disbursement. The disbursement process will not begin until admittance verificaiton is received. It it is not recieved by the August deadline, the recipient risks the loss of their scholarship award. Scholarship awards will be sent directly to the recipient's college or university and deposited in the recipient's name. The funds will be allocated toward the payment of tuition and academic fees, and the purahcse of required educational materials and books. The school is the custodian of the funds and will disburse the award consistent with the purpose of this program.
To apply for the Dillman Driving School Driven Scholarship, please complete the following:
- Submit a 500-750 word essay on a goal you set, the adversity you personally faced while pursing that goal, and how you overcame it. Send your essay as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail a copy of your certified transcripts for grade point average verification to: Dillman Driving School. 701 Market Street, Ste. 111-7040, St. Augustine, FL 32095.
- Post a selfie on Instagram, tag us in the post, and use #drivenscholarship and #dillmandrivingschool in the description.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Complete the form below and Send It!